Successful local connection referral / relief duty owed by other authority / 2nd notification to applicant / ending temporary accommodation
This letter is for notifying a homeless applicant that:
- their case has been referred to another council
- the other council has accepted the s.189B(2) relief duty, and
- you are withdrawing their temporary accommodation.
Use this letter when you would otherwise (but for the referral) owe the applicant the relief duty (i.e. the referral has been made under section 198(A1) of the Housing Act 1996).
Guidance on using this letter
Different letters are available if:
- the applicant is not occupying temporary accommodation, or
- the applicant would otherwise be owed the main housing duty (i.e. the referral is being made under section 198(1) of the Housing Act 1996 rather than s.198(A1))
This text of this letter assumes you're seeking a referral using the most common referral conditions, i.e. under section 198(2) and (2A) of the Housing Act 1996.
You'll need to amend the letter if you're using the alternative referral conditions under:
- HA 1996, s.198(2ZA) and (2A) (applicant accepted a private rented sector offer of accommodation from the other council / the accommodation was in your area / within 2 years the applicant has applied to your council), or
- HA 1996, s.198(4) and (4A) (applicant placed in your area by the other authority under the homelessness legislation, and prescribed 5 year period has not expired).
User Social Landlord or Local Authority
Document Type Letter
Please login or create an account to access this document
Ask a Question