Acknowledging a section 202 homeless review request, and confirming the review procedure & deadline for submissions
On receiving a review request from a homeless applicant, you must:
- notify the applicant that they may make written and/or oral representations to the authority in connection with the review, and
- notify the applicant of the procedure that will be followed in connection with the review (if you haven't already done so).
This letter enables you to comply with these regulatory requirements.It also confirms the date by which the applicant should forward all their submissions to the authority.
Note: this letter is not suitable if:
- the review must be expedited (a different letter should be used)
- the review decision has been contracted out to a third party, or
- the original decision under review was whether the local connection referral conditions were satisfied (i.e. a decision under section 198(5) of the Housing Act 1996, which was made either jointly by the two authorities or by a referee).
User Social Landlord or Local Authority
Document Type Letter
Please login or create an account to access this document
Ask a Question