Section 184 decision - priority need but intentionally homeless / end of relief duty because 56 days passed
A letter for notifying a homeless applicant that they:
- have a priority need, but
- became homeless intentionally
- are not owed the main duty, but instead
- are owed a duty under section 190 of the Housing Act 1996, and
- must vacate their temporary accommodation, once a period has elapsed which you think will give them a reasonable opportunity of securing accommodation.
This letter assumes you have taken the decision after 56 days have passed since the date on which you were first satisfied that the applicant was homeless and eligible for assistance (i.e. first owed the relief duty).
An alternative letter is available if you want to issue an 'intentional' decision before the end of the 56-day period.
User Social Landlord or Local Authority
Document Type Letter
Please login or create an account to access this document
Ask a Question