Informing private landlord that section 21 notice is invalid & requesting contact
Use this letter to notify a private landlord that:
- you have been contacted by their tenant for advice and help with housing, and
- the section 21 notice they've served is invalid.
The letter also:
- asks the landlord to contact you
- includes inserts that you can amend as appropriate to confirm the reason(s) why the section 21 notice is invalid
- confirms that the landlord will need to obtain a possession order and bailiff's warrant to end the tenancy if they require possession and the tenant is unable to find alternative housing
- confirms that the Council aims to help landlords wherever possible, e.g. if they are experiencing difficulties relating to non-payment of rent or an outstanding housing benefit claim
- confirms that the landlord should seek legal advice if they need advice about how to obtain possession.
User Social Landlord or Local Authority
Document Type Letter
Please login or create an account to access this document
Ask a Question