Making a formal complaint to a council because they have not given a decision following a request for direct landlord payments

A letter to the council making a formal complaint about a failure to notify you of a decision, following your request that they pay your tenant's housing benefit directly to you.

The letter states that, as a 'person affected' by the decision, they are obliged to notify you of their decision.  The letter also warns the council that if you don't receive a satisfactory response you may complain to the Local Government Ombudsman (Public Services Ombudsman in Wales).

Countries England & Wales

User Private Landlord

Subject Housing BenefitTenancy Management

Document Type Letter


Sign up for updates

Receive the latest updates in your inbox. If you're already registered, enter your email to modify the updates you receive.