Requesting a copy of a council's housing allocation scheme

The rules governing how a council allocates social housing and administers housing applications are often not all contained in the council's published allocation policy.

Use this template letter if you need to request a full copy of an English or Welsh council's housing allocation scheme undersection 168(2) of the Housing Act 1996.

The letter includes optional additional paragraphs that you can use if you wish to request additional information about housing allocations under the Freedom of Information Act.

Countries England & Wales

User AdvocateMember of the Public

Subject Allocation

Document Type Letter


Sign up for updates

Receive the latest updates in your inbox. If you're already registered, enter your email to modify the updates you receive.