Section 184 decision - no priority need / withdrawing temporary accommodation / relief duty continues / main duty won't be owed
A letter for notifying a homeless applicant they do not have a priority need, during the 56-day relief period.
Use this letter when:
- the applicant is currently occupying temporary accommodation provided under the interim s.188 duty
- you're withdrawing the temporary accommodation, and
- the s.189B(2) relief duty will continue (because your decision has been made within the 56-day relief period).
You must notify the applicant again when you want to end the relief duty (under s.189B(5)).
Other letters are available (see 'Related documents') and should be used instead if:
- 56 days have passed since you were first satisfied the applicant was homeless and eligible for assistance, or
- the applicant is not occupying s.188 interim accommodation secured by the council.
User Social Landlord or Local Authority
Document Type Letter
Please login or create an account to access this document
Ask a Question