Section 184 decision - no priority need / relief duty continues / applicant not in TA / main duty won't be owed
A letter for notifying a homeless applicant that they are not in priority need.
Use this letter when:
- the decision is taking within the 56-day relief period
- the applicant is not occupying temporary accommodation (because the s.188 interim duty was not accepted), and
- the s.189B(2) relief duty is continuing (because the non-priority decision has been taken within the 56-day relief period).
You will need to notify the applicant again when you want to end the relief duty (under s.189B(5) of the Housing Act 1996).
Not the right letter?
See 'Related documents' for other letters. Or make another search.
Other letters are available and should be used instead if:
- you are withdrawing s.188 interim accommodation, or
- the 'no priority' decision is made after the 56 day 'relief period has ended.
User Social Landlord or Local Authority
Document Type Letter
Please login or create an account to access this document
Ask a Question