Renting Homes (Wales) Act 2016
A one-day course on how tenancy law will change when the Renting Homes (Wales) Act 2016 comes into force.
Who is this course suitable for?
Anyone needing an understanding of how the law of landlord and tenant will be changing in Wales. For example:
- council and social landlord staff
- private landlords
- housing support staff
- non-housing workers needing a basic understanding of landlord and tenant law
- Policy aims of the new landlord and tenant regime
- Terminology used under the 2016 Act, e.g. 'contract holder', 'occupation contract' etc.
- Relevance of tenancy / licence distinction going forward
- The secure occupation contract
- The standard occupation contract
- Changes landlords & tenants can agree to the occupation contract - what kinds of changes are allowed?
- Conversion of existing tenancies & licences
- How Rent Act tenancies and lodging arrangements are affected
- Requirement for landlords to issue a written statement
- How contracts are structured
- Fundamental terms
- Supplementary terms
- 16 & 17 year olds and renting to minors
- Joint contracts - the post 2016 Act position
- Varying a contract
- Ways in which a contract can be ended
- Retaliatory eviction
- Tenancy deposit protection
Contact me if you're interested in booking this course.